Electrical engineering is a study of electricity. Electricity is a form of energy that unknowingly runs the world. Wherever we are and wherever we go , we always use some form of energy to continue with our day to day work.
Electrical engineering is about generating electricity from Gas, (Water) hydro, turbine, fuel cell, solar, geothermal, or wind energy.After Generation the electrical energy has to be transmitted to homes, factories,hospitals,schools etc. Electrical engineering also deals with various techniques of optimization of power usage.
This is a branch which was evolved long back and is upgraded continuously as every now and then new technologies are emerging to use energy more properly.
What will I learn as an Electrical Engineer?
Electrical engineering will expose students in
- Basic principles and Detailed analysis of different types of equipment: machines(motors, transformers and generators)
- Various systems for Electricity Generation
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Measurement Techniques for measuring power consumption
- Power conservation
- Electronic devices and circuits involved in measurement
- Control and protection of electrical equipment and conversion systems.
What will I do as an Electrical Engineer?
As an Electrical engineer you may opt for a peaceful job in Electricity Boards/Utility companies. You can also go for large industries as engineers and technical managers, responsible for installation, maintenance, operation of power handling equipment and systems.
Electrical engineers are responsible for Circuit Design, Production and testing for industrial equipment. Educational Institutions and Research establishments recruit electrical engineers as faculty and scientists.
With an increasing consumption of energy with time there is and there will always be a continuous demand in Energy conservation and renewable energy jobs.