Textbook Reading :
- Do required reading on a regular basis. Keep a weekly schedule.
- Preview material to get an overview. See how the chapter is organized.
- Consider the author’s writing style and potential biases.
- Use different reading speeds. Pay attention to your attention.
- Think of questions to answer as you read through the material.
- Reflect on the material as you read. How is it valuable?
- Summarize what you have read. Note important points. Integrate with lecture notes or in text margins.
- Take breaks. Set targets to work towards and break in-between.
- Find a quiet, comfortable place to read. Your bed may not be the best place!
- Review your readings on a regular basis.
- Review course material weekly to keep material fresh in your memory.